Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How It Was

We were lovers
We shared a small place not far from town
You grew a vegetable garden in the back
I planted flowers in the front

Evenings we would stroll the path down to the river
I would hold your hand
Sometimes we would see the fox come down for a drink
But not often

When we got caught in the rain it was funny
I teased you about being wet and you pushed me in the river
But you came in after me and pulled me out
I had never kissed in the rain before

By the time we got home we were both wet
And we knew what to do about that
I loved the way you made love to me
I wish - I could have been that good for you

But you don't talk to me anymore
When I put my arms around you, you pull away
There are no words between us
No reason for us to stay

Goodbye, my love

No comments: